Battleshed Diaries

Saturday 23 April 2016

Carronade 2016



In two weeks time I'll be at another gaming show but this time I'll be on the other side of the counter as its my own gaming club hosting. Its time for Carronade '16!

This is the annual show organised by Falkirk District Wargames Club, a regular fixture on the wargaming calendar. The doors open at 10am on Saturday 7th May at Graeme High School in Falkirk, Scotland.
Carronade 2016




I've been attending Carronade as a regular punter for a few years now so it will be interesting to experience the show for the first time as one of the newer club members, helping with the heavy lifting and doing my stint 'on the door'. As I mentioned when closing my recent Salute post, I'm always appreciative of the time and effort put in by the army of wargaming volunteers around the world, especially organising wargaming shows. It's good to put a little back into our hobby.

Carronade this year will host 35+ traders and 40 clubs and groups from Scotland and the North of England. The ever popular flea market style Bring and Buy (although I never seen any fleas for sale!) is back along with the painting competition. Hot and cold food and drinks will be available and the site has ample free parking. Admission is £2.50 and £1.50 for concessions.

Falkirk District Wargames Club Carronade 2017
One of the busy halls from Carronade '15
I highly recommend a visit to this show if you can make it, not just because I'm involved with it this year, but speaking as someone who's had Carronade as a fixture on his wargaming calendar for years. My post from last year's event is a good example of my fondness for this show. 

Full details are available on the club site or just click on the links above.

No comments:

Post a Comment